This The Ant Bully video also includes:
Why do people take their frustrations out on one another? The14th lesson in a series of 17 character-building activities examines why people take out their frustrations on scapegoats. Learners explore the concept using a clip from the movie The Ant Bully. They break into groups to discuss ways of preventing this type of bullying, a great way to discover different viewpoints.
- Use the lesson to focus on an aspect of bullying not often covered in other resources
- Ask the class to come up with other examples of scapegoats from popular TV shows and movies
- Make sure the class is clear on the concept of scapegoating before diving into the lesson by providing examples such as Charlie Brown and Lucy
- The clip is the perfect illustration for the topic and helps present the content in a non-threatening way
- Group discussion questions focus on recognizing and eliminating the behavior, which encourages students to stand up rather than scapegoat