This The Ancient Ingenuity of Water Harvesting video also includes:
Water is essential to life on earth. How is it then, that people can survive in desert regions with very limited access to fresh water? Through ingenious architecture and engineering, communities in India's Golden Desert have been able to efficiently collect and store rainwater for hundreds of years. A great supplement for a unit on the adaptations of early cultures to their environments. Challenge your own students to develop their own solutions to the ancient problem of finding reliable sources of potable water.
- Includes many examples of engineering designs for collecting water
- Cross-curricular lesson that joins engineering, social studies, and environmental studies
- Multiple choice and free-response questions can be used to guide class discussion
- Speaker has an accent that can be difficult to understand
- Requires some prior knowledge of India's geography