This Text-Dependent Questions and Choosing Details to Support a Claim lesson plan also includes:
Readers learn how to choose specific details drawn from a primary source (Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford University commencement address) to support an analysis of informative text.
2 Collections 119 Views 60 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Ask readers to add to their own life rules list after reading the address
- The 12 lessons in a unit study of Bud, Not Buddy are progressive and designed to be used in order
- This lesson is the second of several that examine Steve Jobs' graduation speech to the 2005 Stanford University graduating class
- Readers use the provided graphic organizer to compare events in Jobs' speech to events in the life of the main character in Bud, Not Buddy
- The 14-page packet includes a list of text-dependent questions, graphic organizers, and the complete text of Jobs' address