This Teen Wolf video also includes:
With great power comes great responsibility ... especially if you're a werewolf! Scholars discover the importance of using their strengths to be a hero, rather than a bully, with an imaginative lesson. During the 13th installment in a series of 17, the class views a clip from the movie Teen Wolf, then breaks into small groups to discuss their own unique strengths.
- Before watching the video clip, ask everyone to write down the super power they would most like to have, then incorporate their choices into the group discussion
- Ask pupils to create a pros and cons list based on the main character's discovery of being a werewolf
- Use the background information tab to help introduce the film to the class, as the clip only provides a little of the main character's life before his big transformation
- Examines the down side of having power in a situation, an impactful idea for middle schoolers
- Discussion questions help groups focus on their individual strengths and how to use them to help others