This Symmetry and Inverses lesson plan also includes:
What's up is down and what's down is up. Pupils apply rotations about the origin and reflections over the x-axis, y-axis, and the line y = x to graphs of functions in the coordinate plane. The exercise helps them identify even and odd symmetry, as well as inverses of functions.
- Have learners use geometry software if available
- Activity requires graph paper, graphing calculators, rulers, and patty paper
- Scholars should have experience with rotations and reflections in the coordinate plane
- Provides a student worksheet
- Includes options for homework