This Subtract Integers Using Number Lines video also includes:
Sea level and debt have what in common? How to introduce subtracting negative numbers to your learners! The video introduces word problems that relate to different subtraction situations. These problems create good scenarios to explain the double subtraction, such as removing debt. Each problem relates back to the number line to show that sometimes we have to add to subtract.
- This is the second video in a five-part series, use other videos for more practice with subtracting integers
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Connects real-world situations to subtracting negative numbers
- Good explanations of how to reverse subtraction and negatives on the number line
- No extra practice problems