Stoichi-what? If it's that time of year in your chemistry class, work a helpful video into you lesson plan! From JFR Science, the video discusses the fundamentals of stoichiometry at an easy-to-understand pace. Topics include mole ratios, molar mass, and setting up basic problems.
- Show the video early in your stoichiometry unit to make sure the class gets a jump start on the basics
- Pause the video to allow learners to take notes and work problems
- The narrator references an earlier video about mole ratios several times; consider showing that video prior to this one
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Builds heavily on prior knowledge to give learners confidence in approaching stoichiometry
- Stresses problem planning and shows pupils how it benefits them