This St. Augustine's Historical Landmarks lesson plan also includes:
Architect Julia Morgan suggested that buildings should speak for themselves. Louis Sullivan believed that a building's form should suggest its function. Middle schoolers investigate historic buildings and share what they have learned about the importance of the structure and of the ideas the architects embodied in their creations.
- Save projects from year-to-year to serve as models for subsequent classes
- Have class members brainstorm a list of significant historical sites in their state, county, or city to use for the project
- Requires computers with an Internet connection
- The activity presumes learners have experience accessing, analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, applying, and communicating researched information
- The project address all four 21st century skills
- Includes a project rubric