Twenty activities make up a unit designed to boost scholars' fluency. Learning experiences work with participants on speed and accuracy while recognizing letters and sounds—including initial sounds—as well as reading words, phrases, chunked text, and connected text with appropriate phrasing, expression, and intonation. Peers work together to time and track progress on worksheets.
- Practice activity routines with learners
- Have activities and all their corresponding supplies in large envelopes for quick and easy access
- The final activity requires the use of fluency-related software; if you do not use specific software, visit your favorite learning website
- The duration reflects the completion of one activity per day; however, you may revisit activities multiple times before moving on to the next one or after the entire unit is finished
- Extension activities and adaptation ideas are provided
- Lessons that involve reading texts allow readers to choose the text that best fits their reading level and needs
- Plans are written clearly and in detail