This Spanish Storybook Project activity & project also includes:
Encourage your Spanish class to think creatively while using the preterite and imperfect tenses by asking learners to create storybooks. Pupils must come up with original stories, type up their work, illustrate the stories, and create and decorate cover pages. The assignment page outlines a rough draft and final draft process as well as some basic grading criteria.
- Before collecting work, have a story reading day during which individuals read and show their books either to the whole class or a small group
- A fun project that requires language learners to write at least 40 sentences in Spanish using the imperfect and preterite tenses
- Asks pupils to use Spanish in an authentic context
- Specific due dates are listed; however, these are easily edited since the resource is a Word document
- This page only includes requirements, and would be strengthened with additional materials to help students brainstorm and draft stories