This Soundscape Saturation lesson plan also includes:
Can scientists listen to the environmental sounds and tell how healthy or unnatural the surroundings are? The second lesson in a 3-part series has scholars listen to the sounds from four different landscapes in Borneo. Through discussion and more in-depth information, they learn to analyze the sounds through graphs and trend data.
- Listen to recordings of sounds from other natural and urban areas to discuss
- Discuss other experimental designs: increased recording time, changing the recording location, different recording devices, etc.
- Some learners may benefit from listening through headphones to improve audio clarity
- Includes answer keys for each worksheet and audio clip section
- Provides discussion questions
- Ends with a simple case study