This “Sounds Like” Game lesson plan also includes:
Would you describe your class as active listeners ... or just active? Turn the tables and become the distractor using a lesson on listening and self-discipline. Pupils work together to identify sounds you play for them while you make listening a challenge. A group discussion after the activity encourages scholars to examine changes in their listening strategies as the activity progresses.
- Get creative with your distractions! Catching students off guard while they are trying to identify the sounds makes the lesson more realistic
- Have the class respond to the evaluation questions in their journals, or use them for a large-group discussion
- Set up a free account to access the content
- Choose the sound effects for the lesson ahead of time to make the activity run smoothly
- The activity is fun and thought-provoking
- Reflection questions help individuals process the effects of distraction on their abilities to listen and comprehend