This Solve Multiplication Problems: Using Distributive Property video also includes:
Understanding the distributive property is a big step in developing fluency with multiplication. The fourth video of this series clearly explains this fundamental property using arrays and diagrams. Numerous examples are presented that show how to use this property when multiplying a single-digit number by multi-digit numbers. A great instructional resource that builds on a knowledge of basic math facts to deepen young mathematicians' understanding of multiplication.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Learners are supported with a brief review of writing numbers in expanded notation
- Uses a definition of the word distribute to guide an explanation of the distributive property
- Assumes prior experience with multiplying by factors of ten
- Teacher must provide practice problems to support students with learning objectives