What chemical properties depend on the concentration of a solution? Learners examine colligative properties before taking a look at freezing point depression and boiling point elevation and how it applies to real-world scenarios. They finish by identifying the variables to solve for boiling point and freezing point and perform the calculations.
- Have pupils use the variables to write their own practice problems, then share with a classmate to solve
- Presentations work well together or as standalone lessons
- Chapters/pages refer to the textbook Holt Modern Chemistry (c) 2002 Texas Edition
- Embeds practice problems to check understanding
- Uses diagrams and images to support learning