This Solar Pathfinder Tutorial lesson plan also includes:
Find the right path to learn about solar energy. Scholars set up and use Solar Pathfinders to take measurements related to solar insolation at a particular site. Based on the data, they estimate the solar potential in kWh/m^2/day of a solar module if it is installed at that location.
- Have the class investigate different spots to place a solar module to identify the best one
- Third of four installments in the Solar Resources Assessment unit
- Values given in the worksheets are for Washington state; learners need to research correct values for their own locality
- Background information for educators gives detailed steps for calculations
- Student handout includes pictures that show how to set up the devices