This Social Order and Civil Liberties: Examining the Second and Fourth Amendments lesson plan also includes:
What exactly did the framers have in mind when they wrote the Second and Fourth Amendments? What is a reasonable expectation to privacy in modern America? What weapons should Americans be allowed to own and use? Scholars consider these controversial questions with an interactive web activity, primary source analysis, and College Board essay prompts.
- Ask learners to evaluate the constitutional amendments and scholar commentary using included activities
- Individuals must have computer access to complete some parts of the lesson
- Discussion of school shootings may make the lesson plan unsuitable for some communities
- Materials include authentic College Board materials
- Interactive website engages learners' interest