This Sky High video also includes:
Even superheroes can be bullied! Using a clip from the film Sky High, the 12th activity in a 17-part character education series examines how identifying with a specific group has its ups and downs. Groups view the clip, then explore ways to prevent bullying in the form of exclusion within their schools.
- Use the activity to raise awareness of cliquish behavior and exclusion
- Ask the class as a whole how labeling others affects everyone
- Having a mixture of student personalities within each group is essential for the lesson, so take a moment to review the groups before beginning
- Video clip works very well with the theme of the activity
- Activity gives learners an opportunity to open up about cliques/groups in school and how they impact school culture