Nothing engages a class quite like fire! Turn up the heat by showing pupils a video from JFR Science about single displacement reactions. The narrator explains how your class uses the activity to predict single displacement reactions as well as how to write them.
- Ignite a single displacement reactions lesson with the video
- Take the class outside and demonstrate the thermite reaction
- Have plenty of activity series handouts available to distribute before the video
- Animated elements and compounds help clarify the mechanism of the reactions
- Concise explanations make the video perfect for individual viewing