This Simulation on The Paris Peace Talks of December 1972 – January 1973 activity & project also includes:
When warring countries come together to negotiate peace, there's so much at stake! Discover the viewpoints of the participants in the Paris Peace Talks to end the Vietnam conflict through an engaging simulation. Learners collaborate based on background information to create a game plan for ending the war, then negotiate to come to an agreement that satisfies all parties.
- Kick off the simulation with an interactive timeline to get the class acquainted with the events of the Vietnam War
- Pupils not assigned a role could portray reporters during the activity
- Consider hosting the simulation in the library, so groups will have access to computers and separate rooms for discussion and planning
- Get approval for the activity from your administrators, as it deals with sensitive topics
- The background information for student use is extremely well-written
- An immersive experience such as this one leaves lasting impressions on participants