This Simón Dice lesson plan also includes:
Play a game of Simón Dice to reinforce body part vocabulary in Spanish and English. Scholars review and label a diagram of the human body in preparation for the big game. During the game, peers call out vocabulary in which players locate on themselves. Picture cards challenge learners to label parts they have practiced during the lesson.
- Use equity sticks or a digital choosing tool to pick at random the next caller
- Keep a running list of vocabulary terms callers can use while playing the game
- Play the game during Brain Breaks to refresh minds and bodies and provide extra vocabulary practice
- Cards look best printed in color
- The game encourages movement
- Boosts listening and speaking skills