Why are significant figures important? Scholars explore the rules of significant figures and their connections to accuracy in measurements as part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. Each rule offers an example for pupils before they work through practice problems identifying the significant figures. While completing the work, they learn about the rules for performing calculations.
- Use as an introductory lesson to a measurement lab activity
- Provide PowerPoint to learners as a review before an assessment
- Presentations work as a series or as standalone resources
- Answer key provides reasoning for each correct answer
- Gives examples of each of the rules to follow when determining significant figures