This Shylock: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
It only takes one actor to make or break a show. A study guide for Shylock describes a one-man show based on Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice. Lessons connected to the play encourage scholars to create their own scripts based on different villains and heroes from history.
- Write a series of diary entries from the perspective of a famous person in history
- Create a role play game by calling out a scenario and giving each learner a different occupation or character description to act it out
- Features separate lesson plans for middle and high school
- Promotes creative thinking and writing skills
- Encourages writers to consider alternate perspectives
- References a one-time performance of a play that may not be available to view