This Showing Triangles Congruent Using Rigid Body Motion assessment also includes:
Coordinate using transformation in congruence proofs. An assessment provides pupils with two triangles on the coordinate plane. Relying on known information about rigid transformations, scholars describe the transformations necessary to show the two triangles are congruent. They use coordinate notation to indicate the transformations.
- Lead a discussion on whether it is easier to move triangle ABC or triangle DEF to show the congruence
- Individuals should be aware of what transformations they can use to show congruence
- The class should be able to represent translations and rotations with a center at the origin using coordinate notation
- Describes common misconceptions
- Provides a solution that contains the coordinate notation of the transformations