This Setting Up Your Report Before You Write lesson plan also includes:
Young scholars have many questions, but when it comes to finding the answers, they come up a bit short. Help them learn where to turn to solve their queries with a research structure lesson. As elementary learners brainstorm and research their questions, they learn how to suss out the main idea and details that will eventually become the body of their research essays.
- Use one of the listed interdisciplinary opportunities to bring the skills across the curriculum
- Introduce increasingly complex research questions as the year progresses, encouraging learners to apply these skills to each project
- Younger or struggling students may need more scaffolding
- Provides several links to additional materials to deepen and expand the lesson
- Clarifies the research process for upper elementary learners