This Setting up for Socratic Seminars lesson plan also includes:
You've heard of Socratic Seminars, but how do you implement them into a standard classroom? An introductory lesson includes everything you need to get your students talking, including step-by-step instructions, explanatory handouts, and possible discussion topics.
- Apply the discussion format to any subject
- Rotate students in and out of the middle circle, beginning with more advanced learners to model the discussion for their peers
- Designed for secondary classes, but older elementary students could participate with a few adaptations
- Lesson notes that the teacher should facilitate the lesson rather than lead the discussion
- A great option for student-led discussion
- Connects well to Common Core standards for speaking and listening