This Seasons and Ecliptic Simulator interactive also includes:
A detailed interactive permits class members to examine the Earth relative to the sun. Learners can control Earth's position and examine the conditions during specific time periods, such as the equinox, or play the simulator to view Earth's path around the sun for an entire year.
- Assign individuals a set of dates, then have them describe the position of the sun and Earth, as well as the sunlight angle for each date; they can then relate this data to the season at that time of year
- Have pupils zoom in on the simulator to read the labels and descriptions
- Be sure to click on the Labels toggle for younger students to show prominent features such as the Equator and poles
- Shows the Earth-sun relationship from three different perspectives
- The controls are easy to use and work smoothly