This Sample Differentiated Language Arts lesson plan also includes:
Meet the needs of all learners with this differentiated lesson plan. First, activate prior knowledge with a mini-lesson plan and examine one of the popular speeches, "I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King Jr., or "New Frontier" by John. F. Kennedy. Next, divide into leveled groups to respond with choice activities that showcase abilities to recall, comprehend, analyze, synthesize, or evaluate. Lastly, end with presentations of scholars' final products.
- For visual learners, show the video of Marin Luther King Jr. or John F. Kennedy giving their speeches
- If near MLK Day, choose to examine I Have A Dream speech by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Pupils should be familar with jigsaw style collaborative reading
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Valuable information about the product section and giving homework is provided
- Tips for differentiating are included
- Example rubric is provided for the speech, "I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King Jr., but not for "New Frontier" by John. F. Kennedy