This Runaway Dreidel lesson plan also includes:
Accompany a reading of the story, Runaway Dreidel! by Lesléa Newman with a variety of activities that encourage counting, map skills, experimenting, and writing. Scholars work collaboratively to play a dreidel game, create a map featuring the route taken in the story, test a dreidel's ability to spin on multiple surfaces, and independently write their own story about a dreidel that gets away.
- Have dreidel materials readily available for learners to play when they finish tasks early
- Display the dreidel's symbols for all to see, or make copies for each group to reference during play time
- Requires multiple dreidels, pennies (or other tangiables), and materials to draw a map
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Introduces class members to a cultures' holiday traditions
- The plan's general language allows for modifications or unique touches to be made easily