This Run-Off Solutions activity & project also includes:
Water might just be its own worst enemy! Water runoff often contributes to the pollution of waterways, and scholars work to design a solution to the problem. Tasked with designing a rain garden, they research different techniques and create a virtual rain garden that absorbs rainfall to prevent runoff.
- Provide motivation for the lesson by collecting water from nearby sources and performing water quality tests
- Invite a city official to listen to group presentations
- Provide each pupil with a device with Internet access to complete the activity
- Includes detailed instructions for using the software application
- Incorporates scientific design to solving a real problem