This Rocket Town assessment also includes:
Model something other than flights of rockets with quadratics. Given the cost function to produce a toy rocket, learners find the vertex of the function. They convert the function into vertex form and determine whether the vertex is a maximum or a minimum, and interpret the vertex in terms of the context of the cost function.
- Have class members graph the function and interpret any intercepts within the context of the scenario
- The class should know how to convert a quadratic expression into vertex form
- Individuals should be able to interpret points within the context of a problem
- Provides descriptions of possible responses
- Includes instructional suggestions for addressing misconceptions