This Residuals assessment also includes:
Residuals are more than what is left over. Given an equation of the best fit line and a set of bivariate data, pupils calculate the residuals for each point. The learners create a graph of the residuals and interpret in terms of the fit of the line.
- Have the class create a scatter plot of the data and include the line of best fit and draw in the residuals
- The class should know how to calculate residuals
- Individuals need to know how to plot points
- Provides examples of misconceptions
- Describes instructional strategies to use for different levels of understanding