This Repeated Reflections and Rotations assessment also includes:
Where did the triangle go? Given a triangle on a grid, pupils describe what happens to the image after successive transformations that consist of two sequential reflections and four rotations of 90 degrees.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Create the figure in a dynamic geometry software for struggling learners to use
- Lead a discussion with the class on what constitutes a valid description
- Class members should be familiar with reflections and rotations
- Contains examples of work that highlights misconceptions
- Includes questions for the teacher to ask to gain further understanding of individuals' thought processes