What does it take to be a hero? On 9/11 heroes came in all shapes and sizes. Learners write a mini biography about their chosen hero from that fateful day in a collaborative and thoughtful lesson. Then, as a class, learners build a memorial honoring all the featured heroes from the activity.
- Display the words on the board in order for learners to discuss and define them before beginning the lesson
- Research heroes big and small, real or imaginary
- The lesson suggests that students have background knowledge on the 9/11 attacks
- A variety of art materials are necessary for implementation
- The resource comes with a detailed plan, materials list, extension activities, and Common Core standards addressed
- Does not come with any photos