This Remember the Titans video also includes:
Do your pupils mingle freely, or do they form their own tight-knit groups? Introduce them to the importance of understanding differences and tolerance with an anti-bullying lesson. A clip from Remember the Titans demonstrates the efforts of a new coach in breaking down racial barriers among football teammates.
- Have individuals seek a partner outside their groups and interview that person to learn more
- As a class, ask learners if they feel the school community as a whole is tolerant or intolerant, then challenge them to come up with a project to promote cultural awareness
- If your class is primarily of a single race, consider approaching the lesson from the standpoint of economic status or another common reason for divisiveness
- Activity makes for an excellent first week of school lesson plan to start the year off right
- The discussion questions are thoughtfully worded