This Reforestation: Impact on Climate lesson plan also includes:
If trees fall in a forest, we may not hear them, but the ecosystem knows the difference. Learners examine the cost of deforestation on local ecosystems with a focus on global climate change. The lesson examines the impact on the carbon cycle and greenhouse gases as well as efforts toward reforestation.
- Have pupils create a foldable notebook for recording notes
- Use the evaluation questions as an exit ticket for a quick understanding check
- Requires a basic understanding of the role of trees in an ecosystem
- Incorporates graphic organizers for note taking
- Lesson outline provides links to all necessary resources