This Reconstructing a Storm Interactive interactive also includes:
The most powerful storms on Earth threaten thousands of communities worldwide each year. With access to the data, images, and tools scientists use to track storms, budding storm chasers investigate the development and impact of massive hurricanes. Scholars then apply their understanding to current storms developing around the world.
- Pick a hurricane with a large impact near you to focus on reconstructing
- If it is during hurricane season, track the developing storms and try to predict where they will go and how they might change
- Relies on prior knowledge of hurricanes, temperatures, and clouds
- Includes videos, interactive questions, and data to address multiple learning styles
- Provides links to related videos, interactives, and lessons