This Rational Exponents and Roots assessment also includes:
What is the relationship between fractions and cubes? Given a specific problem and a general one, pupils prove the relationship between fractional exponents and roots by examining items that deal with cube roots and exponents of one-third. Using the properties of exponents and roots, learners show the two expressions are equivalent.
- Lead a discussion to set guidelines on what kind of work is required to prove two expressions are equivalent
- Review the exponent rules as they relate to roots
- The class should understand the properties of exponents
- Provides instructional suggestions to overcome misconceptions
- Moves from a more concrete problem to an abstract problem