This Proving a Rectangle Is a Parallelogram assessment also includes:
Take the time to prove what seems obvious. The resource provides pupils a figure of a rectangle, which they use to develop a proof showing that the rectangle is also a parallelogram. Scholars must rely on the definition of a rectangle to prove the property they have known since classifying quadrilaterals.
- Review the different ways to show a quadrilateral is a parallelogram
- The class should know how to prove two lines are parallel
- Individuals need to know the definition of a rectangle
- Contains work to illustrate misconceptions
- Provides instructional suggestions for struggling learners