Getting ready for a peer editing session? Want to ensure that your class knows what your marks on their essays stand for? Provide your class with the list of standard editing marks. Pupils get to know the list by marking up a paragraph with 20 errors in it.
- Assign this exercise at the beginning of the year to show your class editing marks they'll see and use in class
- Use this as a warm-up or homework assignment
- Before pairing students off for a peer edit, have them practice their marking skills with this worksheet
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The list provides the editing marks, the meaning of each mark, and an example of each mark in use
- Does not include an answer key