How do electrons behave in atoms? Pupils explore the principles and laws that explain electron behavior in a presentation that is part of the Chemistry PowerPoints series. They learn about the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, Schrodinger Wave Equation, quantum numbers, the Aufbau Principle, Pauli's Exclusion Principle, and Hund's Rule. Scholars then work through an example problem relating to the Lewis dot structure of an oxygen atom.
- Use as background information before introducing learners to Lewis dot diagrams
- Provide an extension activity for scholars to research one of these principles or laws
- Presentations work well together or as standalone resources
- Information is well-organized
- Provides an example to help pupils understand the concept
- Does not include images or diagrams to support learning