This Pride and Prejudice: Study Guide activity & project also includes:
Fans of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice could probably watch a different adaptation of the classic tale every day for a year and still not view them all. A study guide outlines information about the novel, the history surrounding it, and some of the numerous adaptations. Lesson plans provide opportunities for discussion of common themes within the text and creative responses to the characters and plot.
- View artwork from the time period and compare it to some of the characteristics of the era discussed in the guide
- Compare and contrast life in the world of Elizabeth Bennett to life in the world today
- Each lesson includes connections to other subject areas, such as history and reading
- Includes a list of movie versions of the novel
- Features images and short texts from the period in which the story is set
- References some pieces that may be difficult for teachers to access