This Prevention of STDs lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
While medical treatment for sexually transmitted diseases advances every year, the most effective weapon against STDs is prevention. Small groups research one STD and present their findings to the class before engaging in a service project in which they increase awareness among their peers.
- Create a cross-curricular assignment between language arts, social studies, science, and health
- Establish a supportive classroom community in order to discuss sensitive topics in a mature manner
- Approaches the concept of STDs without judgment, stigma, and stereotypes
- Focuses on keeping teenagers informed rather than afraid