This Postcards From the American West activity & project also includes:
Why did people move westward in the United States? Your young historians will examine the experiences of various groups on the American frontier, from a miner working near the Comstock Lode in Nevada, to an Apache chief from the southwest who resisted relegation to a reservation.
- Instructor will need to set guidelines for research or provide resources/reading material
- Wide variety of perspectives, ethnic groups, and experiences offered in assignment
- Includes detailed table discussing purpose and contents of a RAFT assignment
- Option to download and edit document to adapt to your own curricular needs
- Detailed rubric, including peer review component