This Population Drop assessment also includes:
Take a look at population decline from a different perspective. Using an exponential model of the population of a city, pupils show that it is equivalent to two other models. Scholars interpret the decay factor in the equations with respect to the time intervals represented.
- Lead a discussion on the importance of units to completely understand the differences in the formulas
- Allow learners to use calculators
- The class should be familiar with equivalent exponential expressions
- Provides questions to gain further understanding of class members' thinking
- Includes suggestions for other tasks to extend the concepts