This Political Cartoons lesson plan also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
As part of a study of the skills needed to become informed citizens, class members examine political cartoons. After analyzing the symbols, viewpoint, and political message intended by the artists, individuals then create their own cartoon to share with the class.
- As guided practice, have class members select a topic and suggestion symbols that could be used in a political cartoon to convey a particular point of view
- Requires individual copies of political cartoons for each class member
- The third in a series of six related resources that focus on elections
- The two-page packet includes the plan, discussion questions, and the image of a Steve Benson political cartoon