Wrap up your poetry unit with a portfolio. This resource includes specific requirements for the presentation and content of a portfolio. Writers include examples of literary devices, write six original poems, and conduct a study of a poet. Included in the packet are examples and descriptions of each type of poem, a rubric, and list of poets to study. Since the resource has so many examples, you could easily use the project to help guide a unit.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Comes with model student work and other examples of the different types of poetry
- Requires pupils to write their own poetry and examine the work of a well-known poet
- Some of the formatting is distracting; edit the document to meet your needs
- The required poems are very specific and may not be the types you have studied in your class