Ready to assess understanding of the elements in your poetry study? Here's a worksheet that begins by asking readers to identify elements like the title and author of the poem and progresses to the more abstract elements of analysis, like identifying tone, mood, and meaning.
- Designed as an individual assessment, the worksheet could also be used as a practice set for groups
- The worksheet is designed to assess the ability of an individual to identify poetic devices and how they are employed by a poet
- The worksheet may be used with any poem
- Beginning with the more easily identified elements will build readers' confidence
- The worksheet assumes readers know how the identified elements help build the more abstract concepts embedded in a poem and how elements can be used to identify the themes