Recently, Australia had to update all of its GPS coordinates because the continent is moving at such a relatively quick speed. The third lesson in the series of five relates the movement of plates on the earth to the consequences. Earthquakes, mountains, volcanoes, and more are all related to plates, so understanding what happens when they move is crucial to scientists.
- In the introduction, find a real-time map of earthquakes near your area
- Create a chart listing the main tectonic events that occur at the three boundary types: divergent, convergent, and transform
- Some activities require a login provided through an Australian education agency; others do not
- Includes introduction, five core activities, a conclusion, and optional extensions
- Connects to pattern recognition
- Some activities cannot be accessed