This Plant-Soil Interactions (Grades 6-8) lesson plan also includes:
To better comprehend organic farming scholars conduct experiments on how plant roots remove nutrients from the soil. Through multiple activities, discussion, and instruction they relate the plant's vascular system to the human circulatory system .
- After the lesson, have pupils write a paper comparing their findings to the textbook and other resources
- Lesson designed to test the same soil in the spring, before planting, and in the fall, after harvest
- Relies on some prior knowledge of the parts of plants and the vascular system
- The third installment of the five-part Middle School Agriculture series
- Provides great background information and diagrams
- Offers teacher tips throughout to ensure the lesson goes smoothly