This Place Value lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Second graders use physical models to represent place value concepts, including numbers involving hundreds. The base 10 blocks help learners to see numbers written in standard, word, and expanded form. Young mathematicians also compare numbers by ordering them from smallest to largest, and largest to smallest.
- Red, green, blue, yellow, purple, and black crayons are needed
- Base 10 blocks, hundreds charts, and calculators are also needed for the activity
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- A pre- and post-assessment checklist is provided
- All parts of the lesson include procedures, materials, instructional tips, and scoring guidelines